Sunday 1 September 2013

Hello September Salad.

I forgot to mention: Flageolet beans 

I DIY-ed this Salad on 1st September as a starting points upon my resolutions. Hence the name September Salad. After Ramadan, I really didn't want to go back to hogging fast food and fizzy drinks. So, the resolution wasn't exactly about losing weight this time. Rather, it was about changing diet. 



Initially, I wanted to go vegetarian during September, but I figured I wasn't strong enough to give up on meat for a whole month yet! (seriously, hats off to all the vegetarians! I admire your strength&motivation). However, I could cut down on meat and chicken, which I think counts a bit, no? 

So, I used the following ingredients: 






September Salad (vegetables) recipe: 


length* 



If you prefer grated carrots, by all means, feel free to treat yourself! 

It's said that avocado and legumes are a little fattening. So, if you goal is to strictly lose weight, you might wanted to add other ingredients, in which case, I suggest beetroot, spring onions and fennel. 

I once added chopped parsley and it gave wonderful flavours to this hors d'oeuvre. 



Mayo added. 


Bsahetkom - Bon appetit - Enjoy
xx 

4 comments:

  1. Aww niom niom! This is excellent too for breastfeeding (fennel, avocado, legumes) and the vitamins too :)

    ReplyDelete